6/11/2009

May came in like a Lamb, Left Like a Lion

May began so wonderfully on May 2nd when Mary, Kevin, Liz, Chris and I headed to Sarasota, the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. We came back on May 9, planning to hold some kind of memorial for Kathy's birthday on May 23, as requested by her kids.

For the next few weeks I worked frantically printing out 150 pictures, as Mary, Susie and my Granddaughter, Anna made three scrapbooks for Kathy's husband David and her two daughters to share with young David. What a job and how hard it was to relive all those moments in pictures. We planned and executed a dinner for the whole family and presented them with the scrapbooks after we ate.

I also found out that Susie (Kathy's daughter) was going to give me a Great-Grandchild which was so bittersweet, as Kathy would have been so thrilled. If only ..

We also planned and carried out a surprise 50th birthday party for my Sue. She may have suspected something, but never in a million years did she know her daughter Jennie and her son were coming in too, along with Jennie's three month old baby, Sue's first Grandchild. More printing of family pictures for posters for Sue. I blew up a big picture of Sue which we cut out and pasted on paper plates, attached a craft stick to the back for everyone to be wearing Sue's face as she arrived. Kinda scary to see all the Sues in our back yard.

And then . . . I had my CT scan and mammogram. I needed to have an ultrasound on my right breast, but it showed nothing wrong nor did the CT scan see any sign of cancer, just scar tissue from the radiation. However, since a week ago last Thursday, the pain in my back and left breast are literally breathtaking when I move my arm to pick up something or lean over to pick up something or just to put on my shoes.

Ed (my son, the doctor) gave me some pain patches to use, as I can only take extra strength Tylenol, and I tried them, but got nauseated and my eyes got all squiggly, so forget the patch. I get a bone scan on Monday. In the midst of all that, Martha and Joe bought a house and are moving today. I will miss them a lot, but am so happy for them. They lived here since 2002. It will be so good for them. As for how Chris and I will manage, only time will tell. We are supposed to go out in fifteen minutes to celebrate Mary's birthday, but had to go upstairs to get Chris, only to find out she didn't answer me because she was taking her hour and a half shower. It's things like that which will drive me bonkers.

Anna and her boyfriend and two dogs have moved back to Oklahoma. I miss them too.
We went from seven adults and two dogs living here to just Chris and me and Sue who is only here on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday night. Mary is so worried, but I don't think she needs to worry (yet). I'm a tough old broad (wait, did I just say OLD???)

Anyway, that's what's been happening in my corner of the earth. I keep reading my favorite blogs from my favorite people, Kim, Sandy, Bobbi, my daughter, Liz and my Granddaughter, Karen, so don't think I've forgotten any of you. This is the first day I'm trying to get back to some semblance of a normal life.

I know this is way too long and not a very funny blog, but it does explain why you haven't heard from me in a long while. I miss you all so very much. Hopefully, I'll see you all this month. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Mrs. Wryly said...

Hi Lynn,

Ahah! So, you were laying around my beach in Sarasota. At least you admitted it.

Also sounds like some very worthwhile projects have kept you busy. I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I hope it's one of those little things that heal quickly, like a pulled muscle.

I hope we can all get together soon, too. Really good to hear from you! I'm sure your adventures of the past couple of months will yield some further writing inspiration.

suzanne said...

Hi G-Ma Guru!!!

I set up my google account so I could comment. It led me to something re setting up my blog. I tried to enter your blog to follow.. it did not work. however there is a Gilworth Blog. Do you know who this is?

Anyway.. glad Beverly sent me this blog address.. and sorry you are having problems!..

Suzanne