3/10/2009

A more dignified image, but not more fun

I was inspired to change my profile somewhat by a fellow blogger's changes in her blog. But I found that I look too dignified and anyone who knows me, would never call me that. Besides, I look so old! Who is that silver-haired stranger?

I plan to change my picture back whenever I get time, but gathering information together for the "TL" (tax lady) is a chore, with no one helping me to get everything together. Thank goodness I have Quicken or I'd never get my taxes done.

Mary and Kevin will be back tomorrow, thank goodness. I have really been in a funk since they left. For seven people living here, I might as well be on a desert island. When Joe is off work, I never lay eyes on either one of them. Everyone is working except Chris who has the Hannah Montana show memorized word for word in case she ever has a test to become an understudy. I'm pretty much on my own every day and most nights.

I know I shouldn't complain though, especially with Spring coming. I can hardly wait. It's my favorite time of year with days getting lighter and vacation to FL coming up. When taxes are done I'll feel a lot better. For some reason, I really dislike giving so much money to the government, but on the other hand I have enough to pay my taxes and still keep my home.

Now, where did I put that original picture?

5 comments:

Karen said...

Lol, I like your pic, though I definitely prefer the other one too. I'm sorry to hear you've been lonely! I wish I could say we'll come for a visit and cheer you up, but with Clay's back, Thomas's preschool ... anyway, I hope you get to have some fun playing games when Mary and Kevin get back!

Mrs. Wryly said...

Yeah, who is that women in the picture? Looks a little too prim and perfect for my taste. Use Photo Shop to mess up her hair or something, please.

Anonymous said...

I guess I must have dreamed taking you to a movie and having dinner with you! :P

Golden Girl said...

Okay...am I missing something here? I only see the same picture, and of course you look gorgeous! I hope things are looking up for you now that Kevin and Mary are back.

Writing on Board said...

I like your pic, too. Very sporty.