3/24/2009

Movies and More Than I Bargained for

Sometimes just going to a movie is worse than the movie itself. Mart, Chris and I went to the Wherenberg theatre last week. While waiting in the lobby for them to get the tickets, I noticed tables were set up for children to get fingerprinted for the kids' ID program. There were several people dressed in costumes, I guess to make the kids feel like it was a fun activity.

Waiting patiently for Mart and Chris, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see this old geezer, dressed as a baby, only inches from my face. In a conspirator's whisper, he took my hand and said, "I'll bet you would like some candy". With that, he dumped a fistful of candy in my hand. "No, thank you, but I don't eat candy", I said rather frostily. "Give it up for Lent did you?", he asked. "Yes" was my short reply. "Well you are a good Catholic woman and you sure are darn cute", he responded.

Oh my dear sweet heaven, not only was I being bribed with a fistful of candy, but this guy dressed as a baby was hitting on me.

I saw with relief that Mart and Chris were coming in with the tickets and as we made our way to the ticket taker, "Baby" rushed over again and leaned over and tried to take my hand in his and said, "You really are darn cute".

If I ever hear the phrase again "Like taking candy from a baby" it will forever remind me of this episode. What movie could possibly compare with this?

7 comments:

Karen said...

That's freaking hilarious! Taking candy from a baby ... I think I'll definitely go to sleep with that on the brain, I'm sure to have funny dreams! Love ya!

321aislinn said...

hahaha oh geeze gma, its the blond hair I tell ya! ahha LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Kim Wolterman said...

I just hope he wasn't only wearing a diaper!

Golden Girl said...

LOL What a riot! I can just picture you--I guess it's lucky for him that you can only use one arm. Unless he had dumped the candy into your right hand...then you could have slugged him with your left!

STL Annie said...

Oh but you are so darned cute who could resist trying to bribe you with candy, MD? Nice job writing, by the way... cute, but not too cute. Got a laugh out of me reading about it and I had already heard the story. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

hahahahhahahahhah!!!!!!!!!!!
You sure are cute!!!

suzanne said...

hi