4/05/2009

Spring cleaning the easy way - Who Knew?

I am one lucky Grandma. My Grand-daughter Katie was kind enough to offer to come over to help me by cleaning my room. It was an amazing transformation, which took two days to accomplish. I swear, I never knew I could accumulate so much junk.

Along with the junk, there was a thick coating of dust over everything she touched. My bookcase is now lighter by twenty-four books and two inches of dust. Poor Katie was sneezing constantly. The second day, the windows were opened wide immediately. She's a quick learner, that one. After hanging some pictures and rearranging some things, my bedroom now looks like a Better Homes and Garden room.

Today, she came over to clean out the stuff under my bed, as I'm getting a new box spring Tuesday. Yikes! Two massive under-the-bed boxes filled with summer clothes and three boxes of pictures later, my room is now spic and span.

If I can get her over here for another few days, I can probably coerce her into doing my whole downstairs.

3 comments:

Golden Girl said...

Just one question...do you think she'd come to Bucyrus...?

Mary Brown said...

No, Golden Girl, I'm going to talk her into painting my bathroom, so you can't have her!

321aislinn said...

haha she doesn't need law, she should just start her own business!